Cosmetic bonding can help to improve the aesthetics of your smile while helping your teeth to maintain their natural appearance.
Cosmetic bonding is the process of applying a tooth-colored composite material to the tooth to build it up.
Bonding is often used to:
- Correct the shape of a chipped tooth
- Correct the appearance of a cracked tooth
- Provide more even tooth color
Why bonding makes a good choice over other treatments for some of our patients:
- Bonding is often a less expensive treatment than other cosmetic options
- Bonding treatments are typically less than one hour to complete
- Bonding usually allows the tooth’s structure to be preserved
Bonding may sometimes be a preferred choice over veneers or crowns but may not be as long-lasting or durable. Bonding material can become stained from coffee, tea, tobacco and some foods, so proper home care is important.